Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tennis


I didn't realize quite how far the idea of bailouts had gone. It started with our banking and real estate industry and spiraled out of control. I suppose you can't blame people for trying. They see the government issueing handouts to buisnesses in trouble and think "hey, why don't you give me some too"

Its all over the world now. We have Japan airlines asking their government for bailouts to keep going, England and Scottland bailed out their banks too, and even a womens tennis tournament in Hong Kong asking the government for a 700,000 dollar bailout.

I suppose I can understand why we bailed out the banks, and even maybe why we might consider an airline. But when we get to Hustler and tennis tournaments requesting our tax dollars for funding I think it gets a little out of control. Of course I think the main question is who is going to bail out our government will its multi trillion dollar deficit.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Stephanie,
    I knew about Hustler requesting a bailout which was ludicrous, but tennis? Wow, this is becoming more pathetic than I thought. I guess our government got the ball rolling for bailouts in other countries as well. As far as who is going to bailout our government? Unfortunately, that would be the good citizens of the U.S. I have yet to see any positive outcomes from any of our government bailouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I had no idea Hustler requested a bailout. Doesn't surprise me, given that Larry Flynt is a tad off his rocker anyway, but still. If he were ever to get one, guess who's next in line? That's right....me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I think bailouts have gone to far. As sad as it would be for the people of a company to be out of work, the company need to either make it or go under. And I don't get why a tennis tournament would get a bailout. Shouldn't they either get sponsors or do a smaller scale tournament? Kim's right its ludicrous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The question as to who is bailing out the United States has already been answered. According to the NY Times, China has lent vast sums to the United States — roughly two-thirds of their central bank’s $1.95 trillion in foreign reserves are believed to be in American securities. Scary!

    ReplyDelete